Province Chiang Rai Province
Date 09 Nov 2019 - 12 Nov 2019
Activities List : Inheriting the culture of “Yi Peng Festival 2019” all around Chiang Mai province. In the event, there are several outstanding and unique activities of Lanna people, which are listed as follows:
- “Tam Phang Patit Song Fa Haksa Mueang” (Light the Lanterns to Guard the City) On 9-12 November 2019 At the Three Kings Monument From 6.00 p.m.-11.00 p.m.
- Yi Peng Colourful Lanterns Show On 9-12 November 2019 Around the city moat, gates and corners From 7.00 p.m.-10.00 p.m.
- Opening ceremony of the Yi Peng Festival 2019 On 10 November 2019 On the grounds in front of the Tha Phae Gate At 6.00 p.m.
- Yi Peng Little Boys and Girls Contest On 10 November 2019 At Chiang Mai Municipality Office At 7.00 p.m.
- Mister and Miss (Thephi-Thepphabut) Yi Peng Contest On 10-11 November 2019 On the grounds in front of the Tha Phae Gate From 7.00 p.m.-11.00 p.m.
- Spirit House and Chedi Khao Worship Ceremony, as well as asking the Goddess of the Ping River for forgiveness On 11 November 2019 At Chiang Mai Municipality Office, Wat Si Khong Pier From 8.09 a.m.-10.30 a.m.
- Handmade Krathong made of Banana leaves and fresh flowers Contest On 11 November 2019 At Chiang Mai Municipality Office From 9.00 a.m.-3.00 p.m.
- Arts and Culture Shows On 11-12 November 2019 At Chiang Mai Municipality Office From 7.00 p.m.-10.00 p.m.
- Releasing Lanna-style Krathong Sai On 11 November 2019 At the Ping Riverside, in front of Chiang Mai Municipality Office From 7.00 p.m.-10.00 p.m.
- Giant Krathong Parade Contest On 12 November 2019 From the grounds in front of the Tha Phae Gate to Chiang Mai Municipality Office From 7.00 p.m.-11.00 p.m.
- Fireworks Display to celebrate for His Majesty the King Rama X On 12 November 2019 At the Ping Riverside, in front of Chiang Mai Municipality Office From 7.30 p.m.-9.30 p.m.
- Suep Hit San Hoi Hom Poi and revering Phra Siri Mangkhalachan On 10-12 November 2019 At Chiang Mai Religion Practice Center From 10.00 a.m.-11.00 p.m.
- Listening to sermon and lighting lanterns to revere Phra Chedi On 10-12 November 2019 At Wat Lok Moli From 9.00 a.m.-10.00 p.m.
- Music for Creativity, Culture for Happiness (Alcohol-free). On 10-12 November 2019 In front of the First Church of Chiang Mai – close to Nawarat Bridge From 6.00 p.m.-0.00 a.m.
For more information
TAT Chiang Mai Office
Tel. 0 5324 8604-5
Roi Et Loi Krathong Festival can well indicate the s...
- Prepare to invite the Royal Inauguration Krathong,...